The vast majority of great professional shooters search for a rifle caliber with a long-range; The 6.5 Creedmoor is one of the best options, if not the best and most popular on the market.
The 6.5 Creedmoor was introduced in the market more than a decade ago, and Horned was in charge of creating the different rounds for the shots to the target from a long distance. However, it is becoming more popular in scenes of people who want to hunt or exercise home defense.
People should first consider the meaning of some very important terms: “caliber” is often used interchangeably for the diameter of a bullet in question or for the actual rounds that people fire. Check out our guides for more information.
- Top 5 Best Scopes For 6.5 Creedmoor Reviews
- How Far Can the 6.5 Creedmoor Kill?
- Is the 6.5 Creedmoor good for Bear?
- Factors to Consider when Buying a Scope for 6.5 Creedmoor
Top 5 Best Scopes For 6.5 Creedmoor Reviews
We cover up some quick and extra quality scopes for 6.5 Creedmoor and make sure you complete your needs from one of them.
1) Vortex Optics Crossfire II Scope[amazon box=”B00794LHTI”]
The Vortex Optics Crossfire II is one of the best products that the 6.5 Creedmoor brand has since it has the components most desired by all hunters at the best prices. An example of them is its viewfinders, it has the best multilayer lens on the market, and it is achievable anywhere in the world.
- Have a 4 – 12x magnification;
- 1-inch tube size.
- Lens diameter (40mm), which features 3.9 inches eye relief, offers a field view of 24.7 – 2.5 meters (100 yards).
- Strong, bright, and very expensive
- The eye relief is long and provides a much faster focus
- Fully multilayer lenses and MOA turrets are upgraded and resettable with each of the hallmarks
- It has a great variety of different sizes for rifles, which is the best quality
- It has a doubly illuminated reticle that provides red and green illumination for more accurate aiming
- Coatings are patented and increase light transmission
- Contains a second focal plane reticle and it maintains the same ideal size appearance
- It has a glass etched reticle and is protected between two layers for optimum durability and reliability.
On the other hand, the disadvantages of this product are:
- People have to turn the optical hood to adjust parallax as it is very tight and hard.
- The image the product offers at 100 yards is very poor and not very good for some people.
- Although the eye box is nice, it is of no use if the images become blurry, and people cannot distinguish your bumps.
- Starts to blur after approximately 100 rounds of shooting
- It has a rattling sound and this is because the rings are very tight and this produces a pressure in the tube
2) Burris Veracity Hunting Rifle Scope[amazon box=”B00HNSL9JS”]
This product is available to everyone globally at an incredible price and within everyone’s reach, providing convenience and speed.
- The features presented by this amazing complementary product for rifles are:
- It is designed for the greatest and most expert hunters.
- The reticle has a compensation technology in the trajectories and each of the points.
- The 1969 target allows people maximum gathering in light.
- It has dimensions of 14.9 x 3 x 3 inches and 1.93 Pounds.
- Beat all the competition when it comes to quality and price.
- Easily attracts a large amount of light at night
- It offers an excellent guarantee to all people and generates happiness and comfort for those who decide to buy this product for their different rifles.
- The 50mm objective lens allows all scopes to collect much more light and transmit a better image.
- Lens increases the size and weight of scopes
- Long-range shooting is not stable.
- The dial does not have a high level of sharpness, and in some cases, it is usually not as good or as workable on some rifles.
- Requires 30mm range rings
- It is large and bulky depending on its use
- Reticule sizes can be difficult to use at high or low zoom
3) Vortex Optics Viper HS-T Second Focal Plane Riflescopes[amazon box=”B00HYRGP4W”]
The Vortex Optics “Viper HS-T” product is available on many sales platforms and can be purchased by anyone in the world to improve sight on all hunting rifles. Users will be able to get this product in different styles (2) and different sizes according to their needs.
Among the characteristics of this product, which is imported are:
- The multiple configurations of the Viper HS-T line
- The VMR-1 Reticule (MOA) is perfect for people to hold accurately at extended intervals.
- Offers excellent color resolution.
- Different XR coatings provide people with enhanced light-harvesting capabilities and much more.
- Extra-low dispersion glass and increases resolution and color fidelity, resulting in much sharper images
- Allows great economic savings
- The scope is illuminated and allows the rifle to look attractive;
- It can have a very close and good scope when shooting
- The scale of the reticles maintain the same appearance of the ideal size
- 30mm diameter provides the internal fit and maximized strength
- Maximize alignment to improve the accuracy of visual-optical performances
- Parallax does not work effectively or as it should.
- People have to adjust their cheeks one inch more forward or back than normal.
- The eye relief presents a much narrower window than a person needs to have a much more complete view through the scope.
- At higher magnifications, the ocular relief becomes much more delicate
- Has various problems with parallax and cheek adjustments After shooting about 1000 rounds the parallax focus tends to fail
4) Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II First Focal Plane Riflescopes[amazon box=”B07VFNV3NT”]
The Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II is an excellent product that can be purchased anywhere in the world. It is at an affordable price and contains an excellent and perfect rating from all those who have made use of it, as well as it also has a great variety of sizes and styles according to the needs of people and their rifles.
- Allow it to have an incredible return, as well as be very doable for people.
- They have the short Range to long-range shots, are covered and up to date.
- Make very accurate long-range shots.
- The reticle is illuminated and provides a much more precise orientation in low light conditions
- Glass etched reticle allows for an enhanced and intricate design
- Undervoltage allows a much more precise range with more magnification
- The reticule and glasses’ quality is similar to other reticles, which cost much more expensive and have the same quality.
- It has an excellently competitive price.
- The quality of the glass is extremely good and has excellent quality when aiming from any rifle.
- RZR function prevents turrets from marking below sights in the range that is used as a strong steel component
- Uses premium quality components in all spring-mount systems
- The disadvantages that this product has and people will encounter if they decide to buy it are:
- Some locks of the target cells secured and tightened in correcting the POA change of 0.4 Mrad on impact.
- The scope in the box is defective.
- The parallax can present some inconsistencies
- Glass after a lot of use tends to fail
5) Sightmark Wraith HD Digital Riflescope[amazon box=”B07MW21G53″]
Among the different options and varieties of digital telescopes that serve as add-ons for rifles, the best of all is the Sight mark Wraith HD. People can know more about this brand, only by entering the official website of the store. This excellent product has popular support and endorsement.
- It contains a high definition sensor that outputs high-resolution images and records 1080p HD videos.
- It has a day/night mode that allows people to have a full-color display (classic white, black, or green).
- It contains an excellent 8x digital zoom.
- The possibility of making video recordings and taking photos in HD.
- It allows people through an infrared flashlight to have an additional 656.2 ft. On the rifle when used at night.
- It provides ten different crosshairs options with nine different colors that allow for ease of aiming and precision.
- All digital images can be converted to HD (1080P)
- It has a daytime color mode and night vision
- The digital zoom features 8x and a power input
- It has a built-in HD video recording (1080P)
- On some occasions, the in-range viewfinder causes the colors to fade a lot at the moment of scope.
- The aiming point is sometimes very weak, which means that people cannot have a very clear vision.
- The product does not include an SD card that saves images and videos in HD.
- Videos have low clarity in all settings
- I’m too heavy
How Far Can the 6.5 Creedmoor Kill?
With a 6.5 Creedmoor, the shot is much flatter and offers a much more effective range. And, these shots can kill all the deer, working fine and great. Besides, it makes hunting these animals much simpler and easier. The 6.5 Creedmoor is also the perfect choice for those hunting enthusiasts who want to kill antelope from a long-range. However, the blow the 6.5 Creedmoor can deliver is not enough for moose beyond 150 yards or perhaps much less.
Although moose is usually very tough and large, a good shot is very well placed by a 6.5 Creedmoor hunter. It will certainly kill the moose within a reasonable range. It is also important that people know that animals are not targets of inert shots.
In other words, although the 6.5 Creedmoor is a flawless shot cartridge and people can use it to shoot at more than 1 km. It does not mean that it can be used much beyond 500 meters for medium-sized hunting animals or small.
For the 6.5 Creedmoor projectiles to be able to strike down a moose or antelope cleanly, it has to expand and yield enough energy to inflict lethal wounds on these animals. However, a 6.5 Creedmoor may kill medium-sized animals on the spot if the distance is considered.
When hunters intend to kill some animal (game), it is not about the bullet (diameter) or the speed. It all comes down to momentum or inertia as the bullet falls and hits the animal. There are two equivalent factors that people must take into account when they decide to hunt.
The first is the “mass” (weight of the bullet), and the second is the different qualities of the bullet expansion. Hunters who want to become all professionals must know what the terminal’s speed is and make that match the type of bullet they use.
The 6.5 Creedmoor cartridges originate from the United States and are marketed by Hornady. Development and design are under the control of DaveEmary with Dennis DeMilss as a contributor.
The projectiles found in the cartridge weight 120-156 grains and intermediate from 129 to 147 grains. This weight is perfect so that the moment the bullet hits an animal at a favorable distance, it can be lethal and cause death instantly.
Is the 6.5 Creedmoor good for Bear?
Lately, the 6.5 Creedmoor is becoming one of the most demanded cartridges by all customers who decide to buy through physical stores or authorized and legal online stores. Although from the beginning, these cartridges of this caliber were designed for shooting in long-distance competitions. Now, it has become excellent for use in hunting animals and has given excellent results.
These qualities presented by this cartridge must be added to the light and short rifles that always tend to be the companion of every good hunter. This union makes the equipment ideal for stalking in the different mountains after ibex, chamois, antelope, and elk.
The 6.5 Creedmoor is not a good choice if people want to hunt bears. Although these bullets are aimed at very high speeds and ensure great penetration and energy on impact, they are not enough to kill a bear. These bullets are designed to end the lives of animals of medium and small measures and their weight.
Factors to Consider when Buying a Scope for 6.5 Creedmoor
In many forms, guns approach, with rifle life, form the majority prevalent types of weapons among civilians in much of the United States and other countries. The 6.5 Creedmoor rifle is considered one of the most popular rifles of all and owns this rifle type. Certain factors should be considered when deciding to buy a rifle scope for the 6.5 Creedmoor.
Hunters must take into account certain things when acquiring a scope for their rifles, and that is, they must choose the one with the best weight and is the most appropriate. Allow elevation and wind adjustment, and they will also need to make sure the viewfinder lens size is wide enough to let light in.
On the other hand, they also consider that the viewfinder has an effective lens coating, like the reticules. And finally, people should check the advantages and disadvantages of the different focal planes (front and rear).
1) What Magnification Do You Need?
The 6.5 Creedmoor is manufactured for shooting at distances, so an excellent scope is almost necessarily necessary to give them a significant magnification so that the hunter can get the most out of his rifle. However, many of the people who decide to opt for a larger enlargement are necessary; it tends to become one of the most common mistakes.
In such a case that a hunter wants to kill whitetails from a distance of fewer than 300 yards, excessive magnification through a scope is more of a hindrance than a help. For moving targets in a relatively close range, hunters will need magnification in the 4-9x Range.
For mid-range targets (300 to 700 yards), the ideal and most suitable magnification for hunters to use is 9-15x. This increase will allow them to satisfy their needs better when hunting. This type of Range (beyond 700 yards) is what makes the 6.5 Creedmoor look much more.
However, the Range and magnification that people must use to hunt elk, pronghorn, or mule deer, are common.
- Long Range (700 yards and above)
The 6.5 Creedmoor hits very easily over 250 yards with the naked eye. However, when people add a much better optical sight, the 6.5 Creedmoor can hit from 700 yards and go over 1000 yards. The 6.5 Creedmoor has a wide variety of distances where people can take a shot, and among the ranges that this rifle has are the close Range, the Medium Range, and the long-range.
The long-range Range goes from 700 yards and more. This is one of the ranges where all hunters will be able to see their 6.5 Creedmoor rifle shine and the great performance of this incredible weaponry. In this long-range, people will appreciate the beauty of the 6.5 Creedmoor’s performance.
Hunters usually reach more than 1000 yards regularly with so little effort, thanks to their knowledge when selecting the correct magnification.
- Medium Range (300 – 700 yards)
On many occasions, all newbies to the purchase of oscilloscopes make purchasing the wrong amount of scope magnification for their rifles. And this only causes them to miss the shots they are going to take. However, this problem can be solved if people know the magnifications in the sights for rifles.
Although there are currently several close-up and magnification ranges for rifles on the market, people can still get a medium Range scope. That is, it covers from 300 to 700 yards. This type of Range is the most common for a 6.5 Creedmoor for hunting different animals such as elk, mule, and deer.
The midrange extension is typically 9-15 times the power of a single or close range. With a medium-range (300-700 yards), people will be able to reach and see virtually all targets when hunting or defending themselves.
- Close Range (Under 300 yards)
If people get a mid-range or long-range vision magnification, they will get a highly variable power range. However, people should be aware that a 6.5 Creedmoor is not a weapon used at close range.
The 6.5 Creedmoor is a powerful rifle used by hunters who want to hunt a whitetail, antelope, deer, and other small and medium-sized animals. The close range increase that hunters will need to obtain excellent hunting is 5 – 9X magnification of power (not less than 300 yards).
People will get various products about scopes that can give everyone excellent vision and magnification to no less than 300 yards in a very close range and perfect for hunting.
2) Weatherproofing and Heavy-duty Construction
The cartridge of a 6.5 Creedmoor was created in 2008, and Hornady (a specialized company) launches it on the market specifically for different long-distance competitions. These cartridges are manufactured and have the virtue of being intended for long-distance when a person shoots to make an effective hunt.
It is a cartridge built to remain supersonic well beyond 1200 meters with an excellent and astonishing average precision of around MOA with a wide variety of reloaded ammunition. When creating this cartridge, the manufacturers had in mind the power to have a cartridge with a good ballistic coefficient that would cope with the force of wind and gravity.
That it had a higher speed than any other cartridge and had low pressure in the chamber that could extend the life of the cases and the barrel, the construction of a 6.5 Creedmoor had the most experts’ analysis that this was a specialized cartridge and that it was resistant for all those hunters who like to hunt in remote places or the open.
3) Fully Multicoated Lenses
Fully multilayer lenses mean that with these types of viewfinders. Different lenses will appear much brighter, sharper, and wider, making it much easier for hunters to hit the target even at a long distance.
The full multilayer lenses offer people a VMR-1 reticle (MOA) perfect for precise fasteners over very extended ranges. The length is featured from the barrel, and it is approximately 15.5 inches. Additionally, having hunters add premium, extra-dispersion, fully multilayer lenses to their rifles gives them superb and amazing color fidelity and resolution.
The advantage of fully multilayer lenses is that they offer people an X4 magnification that provides good eye relief, precision aiming components that help a hunter see their target much better, among many others.
4) Reticle Type
A crosshair or crosshair is an important aiming device that allows hunters to have an optical system that they can quickly and efficiently place in their targets’ sight. A reticle also allows people to hit targets at long distances easily, and some have aiming points that tell people how far away the target is in terms of yards.
For this reason, people should choose a scope that contains a reticle that the person wants, and that meets their different needs since. There are a variety of different designs on the grids. Some of the types of reticles are special for hunting large and small animals. However, other reticles are designed simply so that people can take shots at the target.
All the people who want to know the different characteristics that the types of reticles have will enter the different web pages found on the internet and offer the necessary information about this complement for a rifle.
People can find a wide variety of products for their 6.5 Creedmoor rifles through the main websites found on the internet. These products’ prices may vary depending on their characteristics and functions to be fulfilled as a complement to the rifles.
Even though some products are very affordable, they can offer quality as a product of the most expensive brand. For example, a hunting rifle scope (Burris Veracity Brand) can cost between $ 449.25 up to $ 1,079.00; it all depends on the style and size that someone needs.
On the other hand, the price also varies depending on the type of scopes or products they want to buy. For example, a digital telescope has a completely different value than what the Vortex brand scope can cost.
- Is the 6.5 Creedmoor that good?
The 6.5 Creedmoor is really good in that its value is established by a wide variety of expert and professional shooters who have the necessary experience over the years. The 6.5 Creedmoor cartridges are so popular because people have very high expectations, and all ammunition manufacturers compete against the 6.5 Creedmoor.
The quality of the loaded ammunition is very high, and therefore there is no problem if people buy a box of 6.5 Creedmoor. Since the variety has the highest Range and hunters will get the best cartridge on the market.
- How far will a 6.5 Creedmoor shoot accurately?
The 6.5 Creedmoor cartridges are designed around the 140-gram A-Max bullet and are the most preferred by all long-range shooters. Hornady’s results were able to obtain a better and wider long-range performance in which other shorter action 6.5mm cartridges can commonly be obtained.
Without a doubt, the 6.5 Creedmoor has become very popular in precision rifles and performs better than other cartridges that are standardized in a short action. The BC Alto is a supersonic bullet that can be used beyond 1000 yards and, under the most suitable conditions, can be used up to 1,300 yards.
- What scope should I use for 1000 yards?
For all those looking for a better range when they decide to shoot at 1000 yards, they should consider the Viper HS-T series or the Vortex Optics brand. The most professionals, who have tested the optical quality of the HS-T 6-24 x 50, have proven that this can be an excellent option when a hunter wants to achieve a target at 1000 yards. All the images offered by this model have excellent color fidelity and resolution.
You will no longer need to worry about precision since when you need to shoot long distances with these cartridges, you can do it and leave a clean and safe shot. There is no better way to hunt fast and stealthy animals than with 6.5 CM.
The Viper’s turrets give people the power to access different elevation and wind settings, allowing the compensation of each of the shots to be much faster, and the shooters do not have any problem when shooting.
- Which is better 270 or 6.5 Creedmoor?
People have a tough decision to make when choosing a 6.5 Creedmoor or 270 whether they want to take the risk of being able to deflect the wind or falling bullets or be able to enjoy the excellent yields and flexibilities of these two types of cartridges.
Without a doubt, when it is in terms of energy, fall, and speed, there is nothing that can beat the 270 Winchester. On the other hand, when it comes to speed deflection, recoil, wind, and compact rifle sizes, the 6.5 Creedmoor is king in that area.
One answer to the question is that both models are winners, and both are perfect; however, each has an advantage over the other in certain characteristics or areas.
- Why is 308 better than 6.5 Creedmoor?
There is a debate between which of these two models is the best, and this is due to the rapid and exponential rise of the 6.5 Creedmoor cartridges. Professional shooters can agree that both the 6.5 Creedmoor and the 308 Winchester are fantastic cartridges for different competitions. However, each has considerable characteristics and differences, but that compensates for the other.
The 308 Winchester has been around for a long time and has a reputation for being a much more efficient cartridge for hunters to engage in various games. Many people are skeptical of the capabilities a 6.5 can deliver—Creedmoor as a specialized cartridge for hunting. Since 6.5 CM was released, it has caused quite a stir with its popularity, efficiency, and little room for error.
The 6.5 Creedmoor is a perfect cartridge for all animal hunters, such as antelope, elk, deer, and many more. However, a rifle with this type of cartridge performs much better at very wide ranges (beyond 1000 yards) and very closes ranges. It only works when the aim is very well fixed. It is one of the best cartridges on the market, with great effort and little time, they have managed to win over many hunters, who without blinking have given it complete confidence in their work.
The 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge, although very new (released in 2008), has become one of the most popular cartridges in the hunting world. Although it is not the best in all respects, it can compete against other important cartridges for hunting rifles.
Through various online pages, people will be able to access from anywhere in the world and buy different products and accessories for rifles such as riflescopes and others, giving them comfort to have their product of great quality and effectiveness.